Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Loews lunancy

Bought some stuff at Loews today.

"That'll be $13.76" the nice lady said.

I laid a ten and a five on the counter.

"May I have your telephone number, please?" the nice lady asked.

"If I give you my telephone number, you'll call. I'll cuss you out then I'll
get in trouble for using obscene language," I said.

"We won't call, I promise," she said.

"I know you won't call, because I'm not giving you my telephone number. How
do I know you're not collecting numbers so you can call me in the middle of
the night just to talk dirty?"

"No, we're trying to crack down on people who take things, then try to
return them without a receipt. But if we put in telephone numbers, we can
verify that the item was really bought."

"Oh," said I. "In that case my telephone number is WAtermelon U ate one too
green."

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "HeyBub" wrote:
Bought some stuff at Loews today.

"That'll be $13.76" the nice lady said.

I laid a ten and a five on the counter.

"May I have your telephone number, please?" the nice lady asked.

Correct answer: "No."

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "HeyBub" wrote:

Bought some stuff at Loews today.

"That'll be $13.76" the nice lady said.

I laid a ten and a five on the counter.

"May I have your telephone number, please?" the nice lady asked.

Correct answer: "No."

Yes, I do it all the time -- not an issue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "HeyBub"
wrote:
Bought some stuff at Loews today.

"That'll be $13.76" the nice lady said.

I laid a ten and a five on the counter.

"May I have your telephone number, please?" the nice lady asked.

Correct answer: "No."

If they want a phone number, give them one, anyone. The get mine with
two numbers reversed.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Junior Member

"I'm thinking of seven numbers, all between zero and ten, what are they?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:22:56 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Bought some stuff at Loews today.

"That'll be $13.76" the nice lady said.

I laid a ten and a five on the counter.

"May I have your telephone number, please?" the nice lady asked.

"If I give you my telephone number, you'll call. I'll cuss you out then I'll
get in trouble for using obscene language," I said.

"We won't call, I promise," she said.

"I know you won't call, because I'm not giving you my telephone number. How
do I know you're not collecting numbers so you can call me in the middle of
the night just to talk dirty?"

"No, we're trying to crack down on people who take things, then try to
return them without a receipt. But if we put in telephone numbers, we can
verify that the item was really bought."

"Oh," said I. "In that case my telephone number is WAtermelon U ate one too
green."

Just say NO!

Geezzzz.....

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Bought some stuff at Loews today.

"That'll be $13.76" the nice lady said.

I laid a ten and a five on the counter.

"May I have your telephone number, please?" the nice lady asked.

"If I give you my telephone number, you'll call. I'll cuss you out then I'll
get in trouble for using obscene language," I said.

"We won't call, I promise," she said.

"I know you won't call, because I'm not giving you my telephone number. How
do I know you're not collecting numbers so you can call me in the middle of
the night just to talk dirty?"

"No, we're trying to crack down on people who take things, then try to
return them without a receipt. But if we put in telephone numbers, we can
verify that the item was really bought."

"Oh," said I. "In that case my telephone number is WAtermelon U ate one too
green."

HOtdog I 8 1 2
BEachwood 4-5789 (Marvelettes 1962)
867-5309 (Jenny) - Tommy Tutone
777-9311 - The Time
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "HeyBub"
wrote:
Bought some stuff at Loews today.

"That'll be $13.76" the nice lady said.

I laid a ten and a five on the counter.

"May I have your telephone number, please?" the nice lady asked.

Correct answer: "No."

If they want a phone number, give them one, anyone. The get mine with
two numbers reversed.

So they can pester somebody else? No, thanks. It's none of their damn business
what the customer's phone number is, and they are way out of line to ask.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

my phone number? sure, it's 666-666-6666. Oh, i'm at best buy. They want
my zip code. 66666. Later...

--
Steve Barker

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
In article , "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "HeyBub"
wrote:
Bought some stuff at Loews today.

"That'll be $13.76" the nice lady said.

I laid a ten and a five on the counter.

"May I have your telephone number, please?" the nice lady asked.

Correct answer: "No."

If they want a phone number, give them one, anyone. The get mine with
two numbers reversed.

So they can pester somebody else? No, thanks. It's none of their damn
business
what the customer's phone number is, and they are way out of line to ask.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Reed wrote:
HOtdog I 8 1 2
BEachwood 4-5789 (Marvelettes 1962)
867-5309 (Jenny) - Tommy Tutone
777-9311 - The Time

I sometimes give (713) 911-3443 (note the 911 prefix - it connects right
away to you-know-who.

Posted to alt.home.repair

PA6-5000
Pennsylvania six five oh oh oh. Glenn Miller

--
Steve Barker

"Reed" wrote in message
ink.net...
HeyBub wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Bought some stuff at Loews today.

"That'll be $13.76" the nice lady said.

I laid a ten and a five on the counter.

"May I have your telephone number, please?" the nice lady asked.

"If I give you my telephone number, you'll call. I'll cuss you out
then I'll get in trouble for using obscene language," I said.

"We won't call, I promise," she said.

"I know you won't call, because I'm not giving you my telephone
number. How do I know you're not collecting numbers so you can call me
in the middle of the night just to talk dirty?"

"No, we're trying to crack down on people who take things, then try to
return them without a receipt. But if we put in telephone numbers, we
can verify that the item was really bought."

"Oh," said I. "In that case my telephone number is WAtermelon U ate
one too green."

Standards use for data mining nosey bots.

Name: Mr. Mister
Address: 1 Main St
Zip: 90210
Phone (area code) + 555-1212
Email:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"No, we're trying to crack down on people who take things, then try to
return them without a receipt. But if we put in telephone numbers, we can
verify that the item was really bought."

"Oh," said I. "In that case my telephone number is WAtermelon U ate one too
green."

Scam. Like I want my phone number in their database to keep track of
everything I buy. Or for DHS to get hold of someday cause I bought one
too many boxes of deck screws.

Lots of places already record ID info if they give a refund w/o a
receipt, to fight theives who return stolen goods, so no need to
collect phone no at checkout.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
my phone number? sure, it's 666-666-6666. Oh, i'm at best buy. They
want my zip code. 66666. Later...

--
Steve Barker

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
In article , "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "HeyBub"
wrote:
Bought some stuff at Loews today.

"That'll be $13.76" the nice lady said.

I laid a ten and a five on the counter.

"May I have your telephone number, please?" the nice lady asked.

Correct answer: "No."

If they want a phone number, give them one, anyone. The get mine
with
two numbers reversed.

So they can pester somebody else? No, thanks. It's none of their damn
business
what the customer's phone number is, and they are way out of line to ask.

--
Regards,

Phone: 867-5309
Zip code: 90210

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jackson" wrote in message
. ..

| Phone: 867-5309
| Zip code: 90210

"is that you Jenny"? lol

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
| Bought some stuff at Loews today.
|
| "That'll be $13.76" the nice lady said.
|
| I laid a ten and a five on the counter.
|
| "May I have your telephone number, please?" the nice lady asked.
|
| "If I give you my telephone number, you'll call. I'll cuss you out
then I'll
| get in trouble for using obscene language," I said.
|
| "We won't call, I promise," she said.
|
| "I know you won't call, because I'm not giving you my telephone
number. How
| do I know you're not collecting numbers so you can call me in the
middle of
| the night just to talk dirty?"
|
| "No, we're trying to crack down on people who take things, then try to
| return them without a receipt. But if we put in telephone numbers, we
can
| verify that the item was really bought."
|
| "Oh," said I. "In that case my telephone number is WAtermelon U ate
one too
| green."

that's nothing
when I went to HD one day my sale came to $19.70
I gave her a $20
then there was a power failure
and the "young girl" says to me.
I can't give you your change until the power goes back on because the
register did not compute how much change was due to you.

where do they find there help
on the street corners?
oh no ............wait................... even those girls can give you
exact change.

Posted to alt.home.repair

867-5309 is the number I always give.