Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Loews lunancy

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Bought some stuff at Loews today.

"That'll be $13.76" the nice lady said.

I laid a ten and a five on the counter.

"May I have your telephone number, please?" the nice lady asked.

"If I give you my telephone number, you'll call. I'll cuss you out
then I'll get in trouble for using obscene language," I said.

"We won't call, I promise," she said.

"I know you won't call, because I'm not giving you my telephone
number. How do I know you're not collecting numbers so you can call me
in the middle of the night just to talk dirty?"

"No, we're trying to crack down on people who take things, then try to
return them without a receipt. But if we put in telephone numbers, we
can verify that the item was really bought."

"Oh," said I. "In that case my telephone number is WAtermelon U ate
one too green."

Standards use for data mining nosey bots.

Name: Mr. Mister
Address: 1 Main St
Zip: 90210
Phone (area code) + 555-1212