Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weeping door

During very heavy rain today we noticed a large pool of water gather around
the base of the back door, on the inside. It's an external door with a
glass center. I found that the door was actually 'weeping' from the point
where the wood frame of the glass meets the door. I expected to see water
inside the double paned glass but it's dry. Where is this water coming
from? I couldn't see any obvious holes or cracks on the outside of the
door. Could water be getting into the door (the wooden frame part maybe)
and leaking out through this area? After a few hours of heavy rain there
was enough water on the floor for three towels to soak up.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Narrow it down...

Get a tarp, some duct tape and a hose. Cover half the door with the
tarp, seal it tight with the duct tape and hit it with a hose from more
or less the same angle as the rain would come from. You get the
picture...

D'Olier wrote:
During very heavy rain today we noticed a large pool of water gather around
the base of the back door, on the inside. It's an external door with a
glass center. I found that the door was actually 'weeping' from the point
where the wood frame of the glass meets the door. I expected to see water
inside the double paned glass but it's dry. Where is this water coming
from? I couldn't see any obvious holes or cracks on the outside of the
door. Could water be getting into the door (the wooden frame part maybe)
and leaking out through this area? After a few hours of heavy rain there
was enough water on the floor for three towels to soak up.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

is this an in swing or out swing door?

"D'Olier" wrote in message
news | During very heavy rain today we noticed a large pool of water gather
around
| the base of the back door, on the inside. It's an external door with
| glass center. I found that the door was actually 'weeping' from the
point
| where the wood frame of the glass meets the door. I expected to see
water
| inside the double paned glass but it's dry. Where is this water
coming
| from? I couldn't see any obvious holes or cracks on the outside of
the
| door. Could water be getting into the door (the wooden frame part
maybe)
| and leaking out through this area? After a few hours of heavy rain
there
| was enough water on the floor for three towels to soak up.
|
| Thanks.

Stain Keeps Weeping from Red Oak Table Top silver_18038 Woodworking 3 August 26th 06 08:12 PM
Weeping wall in crawl space [email protected] Home Repair 3 August 7th 06 12:45 PM
weeping cast iron pipe urchaidh UK diy 2 March 6th 06 02:40 AM
Installing weeping tile INSIDE of a basement foundation-can it be done? Mike Annetts Home Repair 3 July 23rd 05 09:39 PM
Weeping 'Tee' piece Richard Savage UK diy 7 October 14th 03 10:35 PM