Junior Member

Default Poisonious woods?

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a good list of woods that are acceptable for home use, I'd rather not inhale dangerous fumes. Specifically, I was wondering if Maple and Peach were o.k for use. TIA!
Posted to alt.home.repair

yesplease writes:

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a good list of woods
that are acceptable for home use, I'd rather not inhale dangerous
fumes.

These people can help calm your fears:

http://www.nami.org/
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
yesplease

The wood is not the issue.
Treatments added to framing lumber can be a problem.
TB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:21:11 +0000, yesplease
wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a good list of woods
that are acceptable for home use, I'd rather not inhale dangerous
fumes. Specifically, I was wondering if Maple and Peach were o.k for
use. TIA!

If what you're doing creates dust, wear a mask. Very few of the woods
normal people can afford to use are enough of an irritant to need
special handling beyond that. Maple and Peach are not among them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

yesplease wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a good list of woods
that are acceptable for home use, I'd rather not inhale dangerous
fumes. Specifically, I was wondering if Maple and Peach were o.k for
use. TIA!

The chances of inhaling posionous fumes from commercially available wood are
probably less than 20%.

You should be okay.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rob wrote:

Maybe I missed part of the original post, but how are you using the
wood? Are you burning it in your fireplace or building something with it
like furniture, etc.? If burning in the fireplace, well the only type of
wood I know you should avoid is pressure treated lumber as it is treated
with chemicals to prevent insect infestation. These chemicals can be
dangerous to humans if inhaled.

Rob

If you're going to build with wood, don't eat it and you'll be fine.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a good list of woods
that are acceptable for home use, I'd rather not inhale dangerous
fumes. Specifically, I was wondering if Maple and Peach were o.k for
use. TIA!

I used to date a girl named Poisonious Woods. She had two sisters,
Petunia and Daisy.

They all wore different perfumes, so I could tell 'em apart, even
blindfolded. I don't think any of the perfumes were harmful.
Junior Member

I'm just burning it, and it's all off of trees that dried up and died, so it should be free of chemicals. Thanks again!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Richard J Kinch wrote:
yesplease writes:

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a good list of woods
that are acceptable for home use, I'd rather not inhale dangerous
fumes.

http://bodd.cf.ac.uk/BotDermFolder/BotDermL/LAUR.html

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard J Kinch
Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Woods of the World cd Steven trauthwein Woodturning 2 November 16th 06 01:50 PM
Mixing woods Vic Baron Woodworking 13 March 1st 06 12:56 PM
LITTLE HOUSE IN THE WOODS J T Woodworking 0 August 19th 05 04:54 AM
wax on woods? bkr Woodworking 3 January 8th 05 02:38 PM
Common woods vs. Exotic Woods (Teak, etc) Bay Area Dave Woodworking 16 April 23rd 04 02:55 AM