Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Woods of the World cd

I was wondering if anyone owned this cd, and if so what they thought of it.

Regards, Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Steven trauthwein" wrote:

I was wondering if anyone owned this cd, and if so what they thought
of it.

Regards, Steve

I have it, but don't know where it is - Aha. It is pretty good and I still
think it was worth what I paid, but i don't use it much. I have three books
which serve a similar function and prefer to use them as I can haul them
out to the shop or to a comfortable chair. But searching is a Plus.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hello Steven, (Great name by the way! :-)

I have owned this CD for several years and use it occasionally. It could use
an updated user interface, as the one it has (my version anyway) is very
basic and lacks a cutting edge GUI.

I have found that many of the timbers I wanted information on were not in
the database, however, most of them were there. If you Google your timber
species, you may be able to find out the information you need.

There are numerous sites on the internet, some maintained by colleges that
have species information, as well as other sites offering information that
can be drilled down for specific data needed. Good luck to you and best
wishes to you in all of your woodturning endeavours!

On 11/15/06 6:27 PM, in article
, "Steven

--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio, The Woodlands, Texas
Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for the Woodworking and Woodturning
Industries

Website: www.woodturningvideosplus.com

³Woodturning with Steven D. Russell²
Volume #1 CD ROM e-Book * Available for Shipment
Volume #2 CD ROM e-Book/DVD Video * Available for Shipment
Volume #3 Double DVD Video on Bowl Turning * Available for Shipment