Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane Leaks

Everytime I use a torch in cold weather, affter I take off the torch head the
cylinder leaks from the place the head connects to. Why?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message ...
Everytime I use a torch in cold weather, affter I take off the torch head
the
cylinder leaks from the place the head connects to. Why?

How long does it leak for? Do you just get a brief smell of propane, like a
second or three, or does it continue?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Huh?

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
wrote:
Everytime I use a torch in cold weather, affter I take off the torch head
the
cylinder leaks from the place the head connects to. Why?

Hi,
First are you switching to winter grade Propane?

Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

In article _ayoh.1123089$084.506828@attbi_s22, herrs5
says...
Huh?

You don't put "winter air" in your car tires?

--
Keith

wrote:
Everytime I use a torch in cold weather, affter I take off the torch head
the
cylinder leaks from the place the head connects to. Why?

Hi,
First are you switching to winter grade Propane?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 22:48:51 -0500, krw wrote:

In article _ayoh.1123089$084.506828@attbi_s22, herrs5
says...
Huh?

You don't put "winter air" in your car tires?

No, but there's a lot more hot air on the internet in winter lol
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 08:26:03 -0600, "Pete C."

Everytime I use a torch in cold weather, affter I take off the torch head the
cylinder leaks from the place the head connects to. Why?

Cheap seals on disposable cylinders. Why do you take off the torch head?
Mine never comes off until the cylinder is empty.

Yes, these are disposible cylinders.

I always take of the torch head when I finish using them. I have had
them leak when shut off, which is not only dangerous, but wastes gas.
Seems the older torches loose the ability to fully shut off. I
finally replaced one that would always keep a very tiny flame on the
tip of the torch when it was shut off tightly.

Someone asked how long they leak. I have had them sputter for several
minutes after I remove the torch. This only seems to happen in cold
weather, which makes me wonder if they develop some ice in the seals.
Bringing them indoors seems to stop the leak (due to the heat), but I
dont care to keep a leaker in the house, so I just let them sit
outside on the lawn where they are not a danger. It seems they
eventually stop sputtering, but I wonder how much gas is going to
waste. There should be some caps made that could be screwed on to
them to completely plug them. I dont mean those plastic covers that
they are sold with, because those do not fully prevent leakage. I
guess those things are only intended to protect the threads.

Roof Leaks Deck Leaks HELP Michael Roback Home Ownership 0 October 10th 05 02:55 AM
Detecting leaks in DC, how-to Phisherman Woodworking 7 January 14th 05 12:11 PM
Loft leaks Kaplan UK diy 2 January 9th 05 01:20 PM
Woodstove leaks Rob Gray Home Repair 5 December 14th 04 01:39 PM
New Roof Leaks Already Fleemo Home Repair 6 April 12th 04 03:04 AM