Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Propane Leaks

George wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
wrote:
Everytime I use a torch in cold weather, affter I take off the torch head the
cylinder leaks from the place the head connects to. Why?

Cheap seals on disposable cylinders. Why do you take off the torch head?
Mine never comes off until the cylinder is empty.

Safety, the torch falls off the shelf or rolls around in the trunk of
your car and the valve opens emptying the explosive contents into that
area.

Bernz-O-Matic TS4000, little risk of that. Also it spends most of it's
time on my kitchen counter since I crust creme brulees more often than
soldering plumbing.