Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DRYER HI LIMIT THERMOSTAT SHUTS OFF==NOT A VENT PROBLEM

With thanks from the begining,

I have a maytag gas dryer and the flame keeps cutting off after 15
seconds after the first ignition, and then less than that on successive
times (I'm sure it didn't cool down yet, so it takes less time to cut
out).

The exhaust ventilation is fine.

One googler had an idea that if the flame wasn't starting out down the
venturi far enough, then the flame would contact the hi limit stat and
trigger it prematurely.

The other thing is that I don't have a blue flame, it's bright yellow,
and it seems to be shooting out pretty strongly.

Is there a way to adjust the flame so it comes out blue, not yellow?
Is there a way to make the flame start out past the hi limit stat?
and what to do about the premature cutoff of the hi limi stat?
If I buy a new one for twenty bucks, and the problem isn't the stat,
but is the flame, I'm gonna be upset.

thanks again!

Posted to alt.home.repair

First, thanks for the reply.

I removed the hi limit stat, and connected the wires directly (the ones
that were connected to the stat). The dryer works fine (of course, too
hot). So I guess the stat was the problem.

Unless when I put the new one in, the problem returns. I'll update
when I get the new stat, unless someone has some better ideas!

Dryer vent problem [email protected] Home Repair 13 July 13th 06 01:24 AM
dryer vent [email protected] Home Repair 2 November 20th 05 10:15 PM
Kenmore dryer door cracks open and shuts off John Keith Home Repair 5 November 4th 05 04:45 AM
dryer vent Steve Home Repair 5 August 29th 05 03:46 AM
new Maytag dryer clogs dryer vent shedmeister Home Ownership 2 January 10th 05 09:40 PM