Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default open ground reading

I have an old house with mostly k+t wiring and in one room only both duplex
outlets read "open ground" with my tester. All other outlets in the house
read correctly.The only other duplex in another room that is also on this
circuit reads correctly. I believe this circuit runs most of my overhead
lights.

When I test with the multimeter I cannot get 120V between hot and the
ground socket either but when I meter continuity between the neutral in
the central light socket and the neutrals in each duplex they show
connectivity so.....

any ideas?

Bonded ground wires vs. earth ground wire Eigenvector Home Repair 21 December 28th 06 05:31 PM
Open Ground CanopyCo Home Repair 9 August 12th 06 08:54 PM
ground wire extension (anti-static ground) toronado455 Electronics Repair 5 July 18th 06 08:44 AM
Open Ground/Hot Neutral Reverse [email protected] Home Repair 5 February 21st 06 05:50 PM
electrical problem: voltage reading between hot, neutral, ground [email protected] Home Repair 7 April 19th 05 02:15 PM