Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical panel upgrade

I would like to upgrade my existing panel 100 amp Federal Pioneer with
a 200 amp panel.
the feeds from the meter to the panel (about 30 feet) are Alcan B 2
AWG. The feeds are in a conduit and will need upgrading, but I am not
sure about the wiring size. The meter is labelled '2-200a 240v 1ph type
j5s 3 wire 60 vc' so I assume it will handle the upgrade, but I will
have that checked. Can anyone indicate the feeder wire size from the
meter to the panel, CU or AL that may be required?

Thanks
Akley

Posted to alt.home.repair

200A will need 4/0AWG Aluminum wire or 2/0AWG Copper. Check with your power
company. They will advise you as to weather your meter socket and wiring is
good for the 200A service.

ups.com...