Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure Treated Railing

I just had a gorgeous deck built by Archdeck. The hand railings and deck
boards are Trex material, but the upright railings are pressure
treated lumber. We did this to help limit some of the cost.
The Trex is the saddle color, a medium brown. How long do we have to
wait until we stain the railings. And what are my chances of getting a
color somewhat close to the Trex and having it last?
TIA
Goomba
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Goomba38" wrote in message
How long do we have to wait until we stain the railings.

Three to 12 months. If it looks wet, don't bother trying.

And what are my chances of getting a color somewhat close to the Trex and
having it last?

Very slim, but some mixing of stains may help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

a year.
our entire 10 x 25ft second floor porch deck is pressure treated. we
left the upright spindles and supports alone. we were never be
satisfied with any staining or painting. if you use an oily water
repellant you will be sorry it's messy and ineffective after a year. if
you use a opaque transparent stain you will miss seeing the grain of
the wood, and it blisters off after a year. we left it alone for years,
then started wasting time and money on garage floor epoxy/lasted a year
then flakes off, exterior urethane/peeled off, stain/doesn't ever look
even, paint/didn't bother trying we know it peels off. there is a
half-roof where the wood is sheltered and looks good, but it missed
rainy day automatic rinse cleaning as needed with pet dogs so we add a
summertime sprinkler hose on windup timer
search wikihow:
http://www.wikihow.com/Special:LSear...ext=Searchtrex
defined at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trex_%2...te_Material%29