Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Package / Kit for Workshop

Hi;

Starting this spring, I want to build a detached garage / workshop in
my backyard. I am hoping to buy a package that will come with the plans
and all the materials. I will sub out the concrete and build the garage
myself. Any reccomendations for providers of said kits? Any idea of the
cost for around 26*32? Any and all advice would be much appreciated. If
you have recently built a garage and want to send me some pics, that
would be great!

Have a nice christmas.
Pat

Posted to alt.home.repair

I recently built a 26x30 attached garage. I would not really call it a
'kit', but any decent lumber yard should be able to give you a close
estimate of the cost of materials if you tell them what size, roof pitch,
doors, siding, etc you want. I think my initial estimates were somewhere
around $6,000.

That of course was using 2x4 walls, cheap doors, and cheap roofing. In the
end, I went with 2x6 walls, insulated garage doors, really nice
maintence-free exterior doors, and good 30-year roofing. I also completely
wired it and insulated and finished the inside. It turned out really nice,
just what I wanted. In the end I think I spent about 11K on it.

In any case, get an estimate and just add 10-20 percent. Stuff ALWAYS seems
to cost more than you thought, and take longer to get done than you want.
In the end it will be worth it tho. Good luck!

J.A. Michel

"komobu" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi;

Starting this spring, I want to build a detached garage / workshop in
my backyard. I am hoping to buy a package that will come with the plans
and all the materials. I will sub out the concrete and build the garage
myself. Any reccomendations for providers of said kits? Any idea of the
cost for around 26*32? Any and all advice would be much appreciated. If
you have recently built a garage and want to send me some pics, that
would be great!

Have a nice christmas.
Pat

Posted to alt.home.repair

Any reccomendations for providers of said kits?

Look at http://www.jerpat.com/ there are some plans there that can give
you a good idea. Take any plan to any good lumber store and they can
give you a price.

Good luck,

Garage/Workshop construction Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\) UK diy 15 March 3rd 06 05:22 PM
Garage vs. basement workshop. dnoyeB Woodworking 5 February 24th 06 04:49 PM
Garage Door Kit Fred Home Repair 2 July 13th 05 10:55 PM
Garage Door-Retrofit Kit [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 11th 05 11:47 AM
Garage / workshop tzd3sw UK diy 2 September 18th 03 05:46 PM