Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ELECTRIC boxes

I've got a small shed out back.

There's a blue plastic box with a double outlet
nailed to the truss.

I'd like to switch to a chain-pull screw-in lightbulb.

It occurs to me, I've never seen a lightbulb
adaptor in a square box.
Must I switch to an octagon/metal box ?

rj
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

If the blue box is a four inch square, you can get a three inch round
reducing cover to screw onto it, which will accept the pull chain fixture.
If it's not, just change the box

"RJ" wrote in message
I've got a small shed out back.

There's a blue plastic box with a double outlet
nailed to the truss.

I'd like to switch to a chain-pull screw-in lightbulb.

It occurs to me, I've never seen a lightbulb
adaptor in a square box.
Must I switch to an octagon/metal box ?

rj

Posted to alt.home.repair

Manual Toothbrushes Manufacturer - Yangzhou Shuguang Toothbrush Factory
http://www.xanga.com/sgtoothbrush , http://www.sunrisebrush.com ,
http://www.chinabboss.com , http://20six.co.uk/sgtoothbrush ,
http://www.xanga.com/sunrisebrush , http://sgtoothbrush.livejournal.com

Wooden Cedar Shoe Trees & Insoles Manufacturer - China Toplevel
Co.,Limited
http://www.xanga.com/shoetrees , http://www.xanga.com/shoetree ,
http://www.toplevel.net.cn

Posted to alt.home.repair

Is this the only power in the shed? If so, maybe you could run length
of romex from the existing box to a new box for the light. That way
you'd have an outlet *and* a light.

Of course, that's after you pull a permit, hire an architect to plan
the location for the new box, a lighting consultant to ensure the
proper fixture/bulb for both task and ambiance considerations and a
licensed master electrician to install the box and bring the rest of
the electric to the shed up to code. Oh yeah, have a framing crew on
retainer in case the building inspector decides the existing truss
can't handle the additional load of the fixture.

RJ wrote:
I've got a small shed out back.

There's a blue plastic box with a double outlet
nailed to the truss.

I'd like to switch to a chain-pull screw-in lightbulb.

It occurs to me, I've never seen a lightbulb
adaptor in a square box.
Must I switch to an octagon/metal box ?

rj

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this the only power in the shed? If so, maybe you could run length
of romex from the existing box to a new box for the light. That way
you'd have an outlet *and* a light.

Of course, that's after you pull a permit, hire an architect to plan
the location for the new box, a lighting consultant to ensure the
proper fixture/bulb for both task and ambiance considerations and a
licensed master electrician to install the box and bring the rest of
the electric to the shed up to code. Oh yeah, have a framing crew on
retainer in case the building inspector decides the existing truss
can't handle the additional load of the fixture.

I would say you are bitter. But alas it is only experience with the system
speaking.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24 Dec 2006 19:33:20 -0800, "DerbyDad03"
wrote:

Is this the only power in the shed? If so, maybe you could run length
of romex from the existing box to a new box for the light. That way
you'd have an outlet *and* a light.

Of course, that's after you pull a permit, hire an architect to plan
the location for the new box, a lighting consultant to ensure the
proper fixture/bulb for both task and ambiance considerations and a
licensed master electrician to install the box and bring the rest of
the electric to the shed up to code. Oh yeah, have a framing crew on
retainer in case the building inspector decides the existing truss
can't handle the additional load of the fixture.

And dont forget to get permission from the POPE......

Yeah, I'd keep the outlet and put a light a foot or so away, and use a
plastic or metal octogon box.

RJ wrote:
I've got a small shed out back.

There's a blue plastic box with a double outlet
nailed to the truss.

I'd like to switch to a chain-pull screw-in lightbulb.

It occurs to me, I've never seen a lightbulb
adaptor in a square box.
Must I switch to an octagon/metal box ?

rj

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24 Dec 2006 16:20:24 -0800, "shoetrrs"
wrote:

Manual Toothbrushes Manufact

****ING IDIOT SPAMMER
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 14:40:00 -0700, "RJ"
wrote:

I've got a small shed out back.

There's a blue plastic box with a double outlet
nailed to the truss.

I'd like to switch to a chain-pull screw-in lightbulb.

It occurs to me, I've never seen a lightbulb
adaptor in a square box.
Must I switch to an octagon/metal box ?

rj

Have a qualified electrican just run a feed to new round boxes, so you
don't loose anything, but gain light.

Just thinking out loud.....

tom @ www.FreeWorkAtHomeIdeas.com

[SPAM] Electric forum for electric problems [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 11th 06 12:18 PM
LITTLE BOXES foggytown Woodworking 4 July 7th 06 10:28 AM
New Construction: Aligning Electric Gang Boxes With PlasterBoard Front Surface ? Robert11 Home Repair 2 June 17th 05 03:55 PM
Separate electric oven and electric hob Paul Lucas UK diy 2 February 1st 05 12:18 PM
adding electric circuit for air con + general electric questions James UK diy 5 January 25th 05 10:00 PM