Junior Member

Exclamation Genie SD9500 opener lights

HELP!! I have an older model Genie (SD9500) garage door opener. Lately, when I either open/close the door, the 2 lights stay lit. (past the normal 5 minute time delay). Do I need a new sequensor board? $45-$50 seems like a lot to turn off two light bulbs! Previous home owner didn't leave a schematic for the opener and the Genie homepage isn't any help.
THANKS in advance,
Jim

Last edited by 3250man : December 24th 06 at 08:16 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Genie SD9500 opener lights

3250man wrote:
HELP!! I have an older model Genie (SD9500) garage door opener.
Lately, when I either open/close the door, the 2 lights stay lit. (past
the normal 5 minute time delay). Do I need a new sequensor board?
$45-$50 seems like a lot to turn off two light bulbs! Previous home
owner didn't leave a schematic for the opener and the Genie homepage
isn't any help.
THANKS in advance,
Jim

I posted a similar question recently. The collective wisdom was that a
relay is sticking. Next time it happened, I gave the unit a whack on
the side. The light went off and the problem hasn't recurred.
Liz
Posted to alt.home.repair

Manual Toothbrushes Manufacturer - Yangzhou Shuguang Toothbrush Factory
http://www.xanga.com/sgtoothbrush , http://www.sunrisebrush.com ,
http://www.chinabboss.com , http://20six.co.uk/sgtoothbrush ,
http://www.xanga.com/sunrisebrush , http://sgtoothbrush.livejournal.com

Wooden Cedar Shoe Trees & Insoles Manufacturer - China Toplevel
Co.,Limited
http://www.xanga.com/shoetrees , http://www.xanga.com/shoetree ,
http://www.toplevel.net.cn

Posted to alt.home.repair

I never opened up and looked inside one of those guys but the I am
sure there is a board or time delay relay in there. Turn the breaker
off and pull the relay and stick it back in, If it still has the same
problem then there should be a cat# on it. Buy a new one,

If there is a board in there then the only way to fix it (without
reinventing the wheel) is get a new board.

Tazz

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 20:13:07 +0000, 3250man
wrote:

HELP!! I have an older model Genie (SD9500) garage door opener.
Lately, when I either open/close the door, the 2 lights stay lit. (past
the normal 5 minute time delay). Do I need a new sequensor board?
$45-$50 seems like a lot to turn off two light bulbs! Previous home
owner didn't leave a schematic for the opener and the Genie homepage
isn't any help.
THANKS in advance,
Jim

Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Megerle
3250man wrote:
HELP!! I have an older model Genie (SD9500) garage door opener.
Lately, when I either open/close the door, the 2 lights stay lit. (past
the normal 5 minute time delay). Do I need a new sequensor board?
$45-$50 seems like a lot to turn off two light bulbs! Previous home
owner didn't leave a schematic for the opener and the Genie homepage
isn't any help.
THANKS in advance,
Jim

I posted a similar question recently. The collective wisdom was that a
relay is sticking. Next time it happened, I gave the unit a whack on
the side. The light went off and the problem hasn't recurred.
Liz
Liz,
Thanks for the info/idea. I removed the card and "whacked" it a few times (on the relay- module-appearing thingies). IT WORKED!! Lights go on and off as they are supposed to.