Junior Member

Unhappy Genie SD9500 Screw Drive Garage Door Opener

I had a problem when the opener tried to open the door and it would go up so far then drop...I bought a new carriage assy and now it will go up.
NOW: It worked fine for a couple of turns...now when I try to open the door, it will go up so far then just stops it doesnt reverse itself...just stops....then I will push the button (remote or garage button) for it to go down, and some times it will go down and sometimes it will just stop.....it does not stop in the same places...it appears to be random...going up or down doesnt seem to matter.
It does this EVEN if I disconnect the door.
I can easily open or close the door manually, but the opener wont.
Any thoughts or ideas?
BTW: This came with the house...I do not have a manual...
tom

Default Genie SD9500 Screw Drive Garage Door Opener

Is there an "electric eye" safety in the loop? Tom

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
Is there an "electric eye" safety in the loop? Tom

No, there is no eye....