Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Overhead Door "Phantom" Drives any good?

Need to replace my garage door opener, and have read about the quietness of
the "Phantom" brand drives by Overhead Door Company. Anyone have any
comments or experience with these?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Be sure to check out wayne Dalton IDrives availiable at Lowes or Home Depot
and wayne dalton stores. We had one put in to my parents place 3 years ago
and will use in my house next time around. Truely unique. They go above
garage door and not on ceiling. Very fast.

"DesignGuy" wrote in message
m...
Need to replace my garage door opener, and have read about the quietness
of the "Phantom" brand drives by Overhead Door Company. Anyone have any
comments or experience with these?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Art" wrote in message
nk.net...
Be sure to check out wayne Dalton IDrives availiable at Lowes or Home
Depot and wayne dalton stores. We had one put in to my parents place 3
years ago and will use in my house next time around. Truely unique. They
go above garage door and not on ceiling. Very fast.

And have a VERY small motor which will die in the winter and has an
extremely short range. You almost have to be in teh door before it will
actually open. I replaced it in less than a year. Even the factory reps do
not use this opener!

"DesignGuy" wrote in message
m...
Need to replace my garage door opener, and have read about the quietness
of the "Phantom" brand drives by Overhead Door Company. Anyone have any
comments or experience with these?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

My parent's unit is on a double wide door and working perfectly after over 3
years. And sensitivity is excellent from the original clicker and various
units built into several cars.

"Mike Dobony" wrote in message

"Art" wrote in message
nk.net...
Be sure to check out wayne Dalton IDrives availiable at Lowes or Home
Depot and wayne dalton stores. We had one put in to my parents place 3
years ago and will use in my house next time around. Truely unique.
They go above garage door and not on ceiling. Very fast.

And have a VERY small motor which will die in the winter and has an
extremely short range. You almost have to be in teh door before it will
actually open. I replaced it in less than a year. Even the factory reps
do not use this opener!

"DesignGuy" wrote in message
m...
Need to replace my garage door opener, and have read about the quietness
of the "Phantom" brand drives by Overhead Door Company. Anyone have any
comments or experience with these?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:56:06 -0500, "DesignGuy"
wrote:

Need to replace my garage door opener, and have read about the quietness of
the "Phantom" brand drives by Overhead Door Company. Anyone have any
comments or experience with these?

I have had Genie Screw Drives for years and years. I've got one
that's 30 years old and still works on a double one piece door. The
most recent one I bought is called a Genie "Excelerator" or something
like that. It uses a DC motor and opens at twice the usual garage
door opener speed, closes at normal speed.