Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Switch for closet

I have a closet that has two 30" doors that swing out (it's a total of
60.5" wide or so) and would like to find some sort of switch that will
activate only when the doors are open.

Do they make 120 Volt pin-type switches? If so, how can I rig it to
close the circuit (turn on the light) when the door is open and not
closed?

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, you want a "normally closed" switch (closes when NOT activated).
The door then holds the contacts open. Mine fits in the door frame on
the hinge side. Any good electrical supply house should surely have
them, maybe even Lowes or Home Depot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com, " wrote:
I have a closet that has two 30" doors that swing out (it's a total of
60.5" wide or so) and would like to find some sort of switch that will
activate only when the doors are open.

Do they make 120 Volt pin-type switches? If so, how can I rig it to
close the circuit (turn on the light) when the door is open and not
closed?

Yep -- what you want is one of these:
http://www.twacomm.com/Catalog/Model_1865.htm

You can find it at Lowe's or Home Depot -- but if you're not in a hurry, try
eBay. I needed several for a remodeling project earlier this year, and found
what I needed on eBay, new in the box, for *much* less than half the regular
retail price.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 20 Dec 2006 08:10:10 -0800, "
wrote:

I have a closet that has two 30" doors that swing out (it's a total of
60.5" wide or so) and would like to find some sort of switch that will
activate only when the doors are open.

Do they make 120 Volt pin-type switches? If so, how can I rig it to
close the circuit (turn on the light) when the door is open and not
closed?

Steal the sensors from your neighbors garage-door set?
Posted to alt.home.repair

This looks to be more expensive than I thought... I'll just go ahead
and put in a pull switch for 50 cents.

Thanks for the advice guys!

closet rods Mike O. Woodworking 3 August 26th 06 05:04 PM
wiring a taco relay for a closet light switch Mike Home Repair 3 March 25th 06 05:34 AM
Closet Shelves [email protected] Woodworking 3 December 14th 05 01:40 AM
closet ideas bheider Home Repair 4 October 20th 04 02:24 PM
Closet Cabinets Michael W Woodworking 17 September 28th 04 04:36 PM