Posted to alt.home.repair

Default switched light not working

I've got a light that doesn't work - I tried replacing the bulb with
several different new ones and no luck.

I took the cover off the switch and pulled the switch out - everything
looks connected

I unhooked the light fixture from the ceiling and pulled it down - I
didn't feel like getting electrocuted so I didn't dig around too much
in there but I didn't see any loose wires.

Is there anything else I can check before calling an electrician?

Posted to alt.home.repair

aflat362 wrote:
I've got a light that doesn't work - I tried replacing the bulb with
several different new ones and no luck.

I took the cover off the switch and pulled the switch out - everything
looks connected

I unhooked the light fixture from the ceiling and pulled it down - I
didn't feel like getting electrocuted so I didn't dig around too much
in there but I didn't see any loose wires.

Is there anything else I can check before calling an electrician?

A test light will tell you if the switch is defective or the circuit
breaker is tripped. If you do not know how the switch is wired or
where the CB is, then I suggest that you call an electrician for your
own safety.

Posted to alt.home.repair

aflat362 wrote:
I've got a light that doesn't work - I tried replacing the bulb with
several different new ones and no luck.

I took the cover off the switch and pulled the switch out - everything
looks connected

I unhooked the light fixture from the ceiling and pulled it down - I
didn't feel like getting electrocuted so I didn't dig around too much
in there but I didn't see any loose wires.

Is there anything else I can check before calling an electrician?

You've already risked your life by playing with live electrical wiring; call
an electrician.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dont screw around with electricity if you dont know what your doing.
Might be your last DIY project ever if you continue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 19, 10:06 am, "avid_hiker" wrote:
Dont screw around with electricity if you dont know what your doing.
Might be your last DIY project ever if you continue.

alright!

I get the point everyone. I'll just call an electrician.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

lol......

good choice. :-)