Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Your Thoughts On This Bathroom Lighting

I have a modest house with a single bathroom. I am currently doing some
re-modeling myself which will included all new stuff in the bathroom.

I'd like to replace my circa 1984 hanging-globe-on-a-chain light with
something that puts out more light, moves the light up higher and doesn't
require me to patch a hole in the ceiling (i.e.; moving to a wall mount
light), and is inexpensive. I have a 'popcorn' textured ceiling and I don't
think I could patch it without it looking like it was patched.

My idea is to put three of these on the ceiling, centered over the mirror
and the vanity:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...47W&lpage=none

with 60 watt bulbs and all three controlled by one switch.

Would appreciate any feedback from a style and also electrical standpoint.
The vanity, door and trim are all high gloss white. Walls are light
khaki/light tan.

Posted to alt.home.repair

try the bulbs of the same wattage limits on extenstion cords first. i
enjoy a 250 watt heat lamp clear for a booster heat source, it makes
easy shaving on a chilly day in the second bathroom where the shaving
was by two 20 watt standard flourescents. i have found that old style
vertically placed flourescents on each side of the medicine cabinet
were sufficient when i was younger. now i recommend four 32 watt input
twist flourescents screwed into a 4 socket horizontal bulb strip above
the mirror allow reading the classified ads without reading glasses.
don't forget your new minimum requirements: small cable tv with remote,
night lighting, LAV-NAV battery toilet light, wall light switch powers
up radio outlet, GE superadio III, two dual toilet paper dispensers,
quiet exhaust fan, telephone. i don't have the internet in the
bathroom.
improve water flow, increase water heater temp if needed, run a new
water line into the house or bath if needed. update to safety grab bars
from old towel bars.
see lighting at:
http://www.lightsofamerica.com/twister.htm
main page at:
http://www.lightsofamerica.com/

oops i got this come back later message at your:
http://www.lowes.com/ClosedLowescom.html

Chad wrote:
[...]

Thoughts on LED lighting Jeff Mowatt UK diy 23 November 26th 06 10:35 PM
Bathroom Lighting Vass UK diy 1 November 7th 05 09:21 PM
bathroom lighting frank spencer UK diy 0 May 16th 05 12:54 PM
LV Lighting in Bathroom Jeff UK diy 8 August 22nd 03 04:35 PM
Halogen Lighting in Bathroom Ian Clarke UK diy 15 August 1st 03 10:25 AM