Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Default dept. of bad ideas...?

OK, the Craftsman Electric Trimmer I got at the tag sale for cheap is
so old they don't even list the replacement blade for it. (It's a sort
of three sided item). But they do stock a blade that fits, that's one
of the simple two edged (i.e. rectangular) kind, with the correct size
center hole, the correct length.... I of course invested in it and
tried it out, works fine, did the whole lawn.... Any reason that I
might be missing why I can't go with this item?

Posted to alt.home.repair

It would deprive Sears of selling a new trimmer. That's all that comes
to mind. You don't want all those starving factory workers in China to
starve?

Other than that, it sounds like you are successful. How about sharpen
and balance the old blade? Why replace the blade at all?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"z" wrote in message
ps.com...
OK, the Craftsman Electric Trimmer I got at the tag sale for cheap is
so old they don't even list the replacement blade for it. (It's a sort
of three sided item). But they do stock a blade that fits, that's one
of the simple two edged (i.e. rectangular) kind, with the correct
size
center hole, the correct length.... I of course invested in it and
tried it out, works fine, did the whole lawn.... Any reason that I
might be missing why I can't go with this item?

Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Stormin Mormon wrote:
It would deprive Sears of selling a new trimmer. That's all that comes
to mind. You don't want all those starving factory workers in China to
starve?

Other than that, it sounds like you are successful. How about sharpen
and balance the old blade? Why replace the blade at all?

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself....

Attn: Sales Dept - Purchasing Dept - MIS Dept - IT Dept - www.militarycomponents.com Electronics 0 April 26th 06 04:13 AM
US DEPT OF ENERGY and energystar links buffalobill Home Repair 0 December 1st 05 09:06 AM
Free stuff dept... Al A. Metalworking 1 May 20th 05 04:29 AM
HOMIER Lathe Order Problems, customer service dept. MIA... Michael David Lay Metalworking 41 April 1st 04 05:47 AM