Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Driveway drainage

My driveway slopes down towards the garage door. There is a drain pipe
at the bottom that drains into a drain field (not sewer system). During
heavy rains, the drain field will overflow, and flood my one-car
garage.

What can I do to fix this problem, without connecting into the existing
sewer system? I would like to do this without spending a fortune.

Any suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair

IF YOU HAVE A CONVENIENT PLACE TO DRAIN THE EXCESS WATEWR WITHOUT SAY
FLOODING YOUR NEIGHBOR install a overflow outlet in the existing drain
line

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds like you missed his orginal post where he says, once his drain fields
fill, the drain in front of this gargage that carries the water to the drain
field stops flowing. This is because the level of the water in his drain field
has each equilibrium with the water flow from the drain pipe in front of his
garage. I have the same problem and I just deal with the 1 or 2 times a year
when heavy rains in a short period of time cause this to happen.

"mike" wrote:

wrote:
My driveway slopes down towards the garage door. There is a drain pipe
at the bottom that drains into a drain field (not sewer system). During
heavy rains, the drain field will overflow, and flood my one-car
garage.

What can I do to fix this problem, without connecting into the existing
sewer system? I would like to do this without spending a fortune.

Any suggestions?

I assume your garage wasn't built on the lowest point on your
property, correct? If so, run a drain pipe from the garage drain to a
lower point on your property that can safely take lots o' water, and
put a pop-up emitter there with proper seepage provision to prevent
pipe freeze during cold weather:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=pop+up+emitter

A trench drain at your garage will also give you extra capacity with
easy cleanout and is harder to clog:

http://images.google.com/images?svnu...q=trench+drain

Driveway drainage Idea? James \Cubby\ Culbertson Home Repair 15 August 2nd 06 09:14 AM
Driveway drainage Mark UK diy 8 August 2nd 05 01:31 AM
Driveway Drainage Problem HerHusband Home Repair 5 June 1st 05 07:33 PM
Driveway/Garage Drainage Problem Howie Home Repair 8 August 10th 04 05:00 PM
Driveway drainage packat Home Repair 1 August 2nd 04 12:10 AM