Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Point in Home Despot's favor (score now 16,489 to 10)

Just another li'l data point about our favorite store to mock, bash,
deride and insult here. Something actually in their favor for a change.

I need an ordinary duplex outlet for a job. Went to OSH (Orchard
Supply), one of the places I prefer over HD; the want something like $3
for the cheapest one. So it's off to HD for this, where I know they sell
those suckers for less than a buck. (They must buy them in lots of a
million or so. Surprised they don't have their own house brand.)

Point being, yes, I hate Home Despot, but they're clearly cheaper on
some things. (Not all; OSH is actually cheaper on many items.) So the
trick is to buy selectively.

Oh, and their return policy is pretty sweet. At least from my
experience, they'll take back practically anything, no questions asked.
(But then OSH has a similar policy.)

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
Just another li'l data point about our favorite store to mock, bash,
deride and insult here. Something actually in their favor for a change.

I need an ordinary duplex outlet for a job. Went to OSH (Orchard
Supply), one of the places I prefer over HD; the want something like $3
for the cheapest one. So it's off to HD for this, where I know they sell
those suckers for less than a buck. (They must buy them in lots of a
million or so. Surprised they don't have their own house brand.)

Point being, yes, I hate Home Despot, but they're clearly cheaper on
some things. (Not all; OSH is actually cheaper on many items.) So the
trick is to buy selectively.

Oh, and their return policy is pretty sweet. At least from my
experience, they'll take back practically anything, no questions asked.
(But then OSH has a similar policy.)

How far is it from OSH to the Home Depot?

Posted to alt.home.repair

TakenEvent spake thus:

[...]

Not far enough to make a difference (they're equidistant from me).

By the way, Home Despot had outlets (15 amp white) for 49¢ ea.

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:15:25 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

Just another li'l data point about our favorite store to mock, bash,
deride and insult here. Something actually in their favor for a change.

I need an ordinary duplex outlet for a job. Went to OSH (Orchard
Supply), one of the places I prefer over HD; the want something like $3
for the cheapest one. So it's off to HD for this, where I know they sell
those suckers for less than a buck

How much did you spend in gas to save how much on outlet?
Not to mention what value you put on your time.

(They must buy them in lots of a
million or so. Surprised they don't have their own house brand.)

Point being, yes, I hate Home Despot, but they're clearly cheaper on
some things. (Not all; OSH is actually cheaper on many items.) So the
trick is to buy selectively.

Oh, and their return policy is pretty sweet. At least from my
experience, they'll take back practically anything, no questions asked.
(But then OSH has a similar policy.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:
TakenEvent spake thus:

[...]

Were the ones OSH sold "spec grade?" I'd be willing to pay more for those.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Posted to alt.home.repair

aspasia spake thus:

wrote:

Just another li'l data point about our favorite store to mock, bash,
deride and insult here. Something actually in their favor for a change.

I need an ordinary duplex outlet for a job. Went to OSH (Orchard
Supply), one of the places I prefer over HD; the want something like $3
for the cheapest one. So it's off to HD for this, where I know they sell
those suckers for less than a buck

How much did you spend in gas to save how much on outlet?
Not to mention what value you put on your time.

No more or less; as I stated elsewhere, the two stores are equidistant
from me. (There's actually *another* Home Depot close to where I was
working.)

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)
Posted to alt.home.repair

aspasia spake thus:

wrote:

Just another li'l data point about our favorite store to mock, bash,
deride and insult here. Something actually in their favor for a change.

I need an ordinary duplex outlet for a job. Went to OSH (Orchard
Supply), one of the places I prefer over HD; the want something like $3
for the cheapest one. So it's off to HD for this, where I know they sell
those suckers for less than a buck

How much did you spend in gas to save how much on outlet?
Not to mention what value you put on your time.

No more or less; as I stated elsewhere, the two stores are equidistant
from me. (There's actually *another* Home Depot close to where I was
working.)

Your message made it sound as though you priced the item at OSH,
and*then* drove to HD. At these gas prices, I don't think it's worth
a separate trip, unless you had other shopping at HD.
Posted to alt.home.repair

aspasia spake thus:

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:19:09 -0800, David Nebenzahl

aspasia spake thus:

wrote:

Just another li'l data point about our favorite store to mock, bash,
deride and insult here. Something actually in their favor for a change.

I need an ordinary duplex outlet for a job. Went to OSH (Orchard
Supply), one of the places I prefer over HD; the want something like $3
for the cheapest one. So it's off to HD for this, where I know they sell
those suckers for less than a buck

How much did you spend in gas to save how much on outlet?
Not to mention what value you put on your time.

No more or less; as I stated elsewhere, the two stores are equidistant
from me. (There's actually *another* Home Depot close to where I was
working.)

Your message made it sound as though you priced the item at OSH,
and*then* drove to HD. At these gas prices, I don't think it's worth
a separate trip, unless you had other shopping at HD.

No, but the next time I'll save $$$ *and* not use any extra gas.