Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slime for cart tube tires

I bought a bottle of Slime tire sealant hoping to use it on my chore
cart's 26" bicycle tire, which are constantly going flat. I came to
realize that the Slime I bought was for tubless tires. Does anyone
know if this product will work on bicycle tires with tubes? Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

If you go to http://www.slime.com/tiresealant/index.php you'll find
that Slime makes a separate product for tubeless tires vs tires with
tubes, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say while the tubeless Slime
might work in a tube, it's not the right tool for the job.

But I gotta ask - if this isn't an emergency situation where you have
to get the cart home from some remote location, why don't you replace
the tubes and eliminate the root cause of the flats?

klim wrote:
I bought a bottle of Slime tire sealant hoping to use it on my chore
cart's 26" bicycle tire, which are constantly going flat. I came to
realize that the Slime I bought was for tubless tires. Does anyone
know if this product will work on bicycle tires with tubes? Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

yes it will work with tubes. i run tubes and slime in my zero turn
mowers . works better i think than going tubeless with slime..lucas

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thought I would give the group some feedback on this Slime. 6 weeks
ago I bought a bottle of Slime and used it on one of my 26" chore cart
tires (bicycle type) that had gone through 3 tubes in the past year,
and also on the tubeless front tire of my riding mower (I had already
put a tube in the other when it went flat). Both have stayed inflated
even through the sub-zero weather we've been having here in Colorado.
An amazing and effective product that does what it says.