Posted to alt.home.repair

Default radiant vs propane vs kerosene

I am buying a home in New Hampshire. The home is about 650 sq ft and is not
insulated for the most part. It is currently heated by a pellet stove but I
travel and need a back up system. The 3 systems I am looking at is propane
and there is already a tank there. Kerosene in which I would have to buy
the whole system or this new radiant heat from Sun Twin. In terms of the
best bang for one's buck over the long haul including resale value and
yearly costs I would like to know what might be the best way to go.
Posted to alt.home.repair

mysaxifrage wrote:
I am buying a home in New Hampshire. The home is about 650 sq ft and is not
insulated for the most part. It is currently heated by a pellet stove but I
travel and need a back up system. The 3 systems I am looking at is propane
and there is already a tank there. Kerosene in which I would have to buy
the whole system or this new radiant heat from Sun Twin. In terms of the
best bang for one's buck over the long haul including resale value and
yearly costs I would like to know what might be the best way to go.

first of all, insulate, in nh you need it.

there is virtually no efficiency rating at which propane is cost
effective vs oil, or even k1, but if you have a tank, and only view it
as backup, it is pretty cheap to install a gas hot air furnace.

I have a monitor kerosene system inpart of my house, and it is great.
over 90 percent efficient and pretty robust. I replaced an older model
last year[it was 15 years old and the repair guy couldn't resolve an
occsional delayed ignition issue] Cost like 2300 bucks installed.

dunno what sun twin is
Posted to alt.home.repair

year[it was 15 years old and the repair guy couldn't resolve an
occsional delayed ignition issue] Cost like 2300 bucks installed.

dunno what sun twin is

just an overpriced electic heater. Not worth 400 bucks for a 50 dollar
heater

Kerosene Questions... Toller Home Repair 10 November 13th 06 06:03 PM
kerosene heater Bonnie Home Repair 10 April 29th 05 03:58 AM
What do YOU use kerosene for? Bob in Oregon Woodworking 115 March 14th 05 10:32 AM
Generator on kerosene Stormin Mormon Home Repair 49 March 13th 05 05:14 AM
Garage heater - kerosene vs propane JC Home Repair 8 December 23rd 04 02:55 AM