Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Floor & wall tiling

I am tiling the floor & walls to a shower room. I have read it is
better to tile the walls first, mainly to keep any mess off the floor
tiles. However, I need to place the shower tray at a precise level in
order that the front panel will fit without a gap. I propose to tile
the floor first therefore. Is this the correct proceedure?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Picasso wrote:
I am tiling the floor & walls to a shower room. I have read it is
better to tile the walls first, mainly to keep any mess off the floor
tiles. However, I need to place the shower tray at a precise level in
order that the front panel will fit without a gap. I propose to tile
the floor first therefore. Is this the correct proceedure?

If you can give the floor 10 days to cure well before starting the wall
construction, go ahead and do the floor first. Cover the floor with
cardboard held down with blue non-stick painters tape so you don't
mess it up.
You are right about the general rule of walls done first, but you can
counter the reasons by letting the floor cure and keeping it covered.
Never use mastic to install the floor tiles- otherwise you'd have to
wait
10 years for it to cure hard enough to work on it.

thetiler