Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
CID CID is offline

Default New fence and options

Hello. I'm looking to replace the fence at my home, and have several
options to think about if having it installed by a professional. I prefer
hiring a professional, mostly because I want it done right, plus I have
existing fence material to be removed, and I don't want to deal with having
it hauled off.

The existing fence permeter size is 315', and is 6' tall, with a double-door
gate and a single-door gate. I only need the single-door gate when it's
replaced. My first quote is from a large company, and it amounted to ~$30
per foot for pressure-treated vertical board 6' tall.

My choice (if I had all the money I wanted to spend on this) I think would
be composite, but is that better than vinyl, the same or just different
depending on taste? What are the pros and cons to each of these choices,
including how it stands up with time vs. pressure treated lumber?

Thank you,
Carol

Need help with privacy fence options [email protected] Home Repair 5 July 11th 06 04:02 AM
Cable TV options? mgarvie Home Repair 18 April 6th 06 01:14 AM
Fence left or fence right? Vic Baron Woodworking 27 August 26th 05 08:55 AM
Any Other Options? [email protected] UK diy 0 July 22nd 05 05:42 PM
15" Planer Options Mike P Woodworking 5 April 6th 05 02:06 AM