Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower Stall - floor question

I'm planning on building a custom sized shower stall. I know this
requires a bed of mortar to lay under my rubberized sheet. What do I
use as a "bed of mortar"? will basic mortar work, or do I need
anything special. Also, do I need to put reinforcing steel mesh or
anything in it to hold up?

Any other tips you can share about custom tile shower stalls would be
helpful. This will be my first one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm planning on building a custom sized shower stall. I know this
requires a bed of mortar to lay under my rubberized sheet. What do I
use as a "bed of mortar"? will basic mortar work, or do I need
anything special. Also, do I need to put reinforcing steel mesh or
anything in it to hold up?

Any other tips you can share about custom tile shower stalls would be
helpful. This will be my first one.

You want a very dry-pack cement-sand mix - above and below
your liner.

Do a lot of googleing. There is a lot out there to learn. Also, find a good
tile store for supplies and advise.

A starter:
http://www.johnbridge.com/shower_curbs.htm
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=192275