Posted to alt.home.repair

Default wrong carpet cleaner

I was cleaning my carpet this evening and I asked my husband to refill the
resevoir with water and cleaning solution. He informed me that what I had
used was for bare floors and I had already used it on over half of my
living room carpet. I had no idea that when we bought our carpet cleaner
that it came with a bottle of bare floor cleaner as well as carpet
cleaner. What's gonna happen to my carpet now?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"chachas.mama" wrote in message
news:6116547502e2ef1b810cb13c191defb7@homerepairli ve.com...
I was cleaning my carpet this evening and I asked my husband to refill the
resevoir with water and cleaning solution. He informed me that what I had
used was for bare floors and I had already used it on over half of my
living room carpet. I had no idea that when we bought our carpet cleaner
that it came with a bottle of bare floor cleaner as well as carpet
cleaner. What's gonna happen to my carpet now?

The makers of cleaners do a good job of packaging the same handful of cleaning
ingredients into hundreds of different bottles and then convincing people that
you have to use very task-specific agents, but most of it is hoo-ha. I doubt
that there is very much difference at all between your bare floor cleaner and
your carpet cleaning solution. If you're concerned, go over it with some extra
clear hot water to give it a good rinsing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Interesting topic...

[Furious01 u563550]

Games I like to play!

chachas.mama wrote:
I was cleaning my carpet this evening and I asked my husband to refill the
resevoir with water and cleaning solution. He informed me that what I had
used was for bare floors and I had already used it on over half of my
living room carpet. I had no idea that when we bought our carpet cleaner
that it came with a bottle of bare floor cleaner as well as carpet
cleaner. What's gonna happen to my carpet now?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rick Brandt wrote:
[...]

I agree . The labels on the cleaner may list the ingredients , they are
probably very similar.

The hard surface cleaner may have some sort of polish added.

I would have gone over the carpet again with the right cleaner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:47:43 -0600, "chachas.mama"
wrote:

I was cleaning my carpet this evening and I asked my husband to refill the
resevoir with water and cleaning solution. He informed me that what I had
used was for bare floors and I had already used it on over half of my
living room carpet. I had no idea that when we bought our carpet cleaner
that it came with a bottle of bare floor cleaner as well as carpet
cleaner. What's gonna happen to my carpet now?

Most likely, nothing. Fill the carpet cleaning machine with cool
clear water and rinse until the soap is gone.

Fixing Carpet Cleaner dnoyeB Home Repair 2 November 15th 06 06:13 AM
Carpet Cleaner wayne Home Repair 2 August 26th 06 08:44 PM
Carpet Cleaner Buck Turgidson Home Repair 0 August 25th 06 12:50 PM
Carpet Cleaner buffalobill Home Repair 0 August 25th 06 08:58 AM
Carpet cleaner/shampooer Jane Home Ownership 2 November 24th 03 03:00 AM