Posted to alt.home.repair

Default zoneline 3100 fan won't shut off??

my zoneline 3100 fan continues to run in the off position. I have
changed the main board and main switch. I hear a relay "pick" as soon
as the unit is plugged in. Currently I leave it on low heat and turn
the thermostat to cold so the unit stays off. In this configuration,
the freeze sentinal still operates if the room gets too cold. Anyone
have a schematic? GE discontinued support as the unit dates 1984
Darse

Posted to alt.home.repair

Darse wrote:

my zoneline 3100 fan continues to run in the off position. I have
changed the main board and main switch. I hear a relay "pick" as soon
as the unit is plugged in. Currently I leave it on low heat and turn
the thermostat to cold so the unit stays off. In this configuration,
the freeze sentinal still operates if the room gets too cold. Anyone
have a schematic? GE discontinued support as the unit dates 1984

Ah the infamous heatpump, its many aging problems, and the
discontinuance of support just as aging starts becoming a
problem.

A friend of mine had to completely rewire his.

Last time we were house hunting I told the realator "No swimming
pools and no heat pumps". Next time I am adding "no electric
stoves".

Dick