Posted to alt.home.repair
hal hal is offline

Default Tile in the closet instead of carpet?

I'm going to have new carpet installed but I was wondering why I need carpet
in the closet. The old carpet that came with the house was installed in the
closet, as are most wall to wall carpeting jobs I've seen.

I'm going to tile the kitchen and bath floor, so was thinking I could just
tile the closet floors also (myself). The tile would have high durability
but low visibility so it wouldn't clash with the carpet.

I'm wondering also if I'll get a break on price because the installers won't
have to cut the puzzle pieces for the carpet floor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

hal wrote:
I'm going to have new carpet installed but I was wondering why I need
carpet in the closet. The old carpet that came with the house was
installed in the closet, as are most wall to wall carpeting jobs I've
seen.
I'm going to tile the kitchen and bath floor, so was thinking I could
just tile the closet floors also (myself). The tile would have high
durability but low visibility so it wouldn't clash with the carpet.

I'm wondering also if I'll get a break on price because the
installers won't have to cut the puzzle pieces for the carpet floor.

You can do that if you like, but I would not. I like the unified look
and it is going to be easier to care if you have the same materials
throughout. I doubt if you will get much if any price break. There are
almost always enough scrap pieces left over to do the closets unless they
are rather large.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"hal" wrote in message
. ..

I'm going to have new carpet installed but I was wondering why I need
carpet in the closet.

You don't. I've taken it out of two closest so far and will in the others
as the carpet is replaced. Only time you see it is when the door is open
and you may have some stuff stored there anyway. . Tile is easier to clean.

Don't expect much of a price break though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Most people want carpet in a walk-in (clothes) closet.

Posted to alt.home.repair
hal hal is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
Most people want carpet in a walk-in (clothes) closet.

ok thanks to all for the suggestions