Posted to alt.home.repair
John Sheehy

Default Carpet to tile saddle install

I'm on the home stretch of a bathroom remodel, but have never done anything
with carpeting. The bathroom is tile and the threshold between the tile
bathroom and the carpeted hallway is a stone saddle. How do put back the
carpet so that it sits right up against the new saddle. The carpet as it is
now is overlapping the saddle by 3-4", so it is not an issue as far as not
having enough, just how to do it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

John Sheehy wrote:
I'm on the home stretch of a bathroom remodel, but have never done anything
with carpeting. The bathroom is tile and the threshold between the tile
bathroom and the carpeted hallway is a stone saddle. How do put back the
carpet so that it sits right up against the new saddle. The carpet as it is
now is overlapping the saddle by 3-4", so it is not an issue as far as not
having enough, just how to do it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Narrow crown staples or carpet tacks. Tuck the loose fibers down
against the saddle. I've seen some people fold the carpet back under
itself, but I never liked how that looked. Some people use a metal
transition strip, but that's a kludge.

Posted to alt.home.repair
John Sheehy

Narrow crown staples or carpet tacks. Tuck the loose fibers down
against the saddle. I've seen some people fold the carpet back under
itself, but I never liked how that looked. Some people use a metal
transition strip, but that's a kludge.

So i would put the tack strip about an 1-2" away from the saddle and then
use staples or tacks to secure the remaining flap?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

John Sheehy wrote:
Narrow crown staples or carpet tacks. Tuck the loose fibers down
against the saddle. I've seen some people fold the carpet back under
itself, but I never liked how that looked. Some people use a metal
transition strip, but that's a kludge.

So i would put the tack strip about an 1-2" away from the saddle and then
use staples or tacks to secure the remaining flap?

I don't use a tack strip when I'm using tacks or staples at a doorway.
You can feel the tack strip through some carpeting. Separate the
carpet fiber when you're installing the tacks/staples so you don't
create a little crater.