Posted to alt.home.repair

Default leaky refrigerator

Our Kenmore side by side with ice/water in the freezer door is leaking
water onto the floor from underneath. It looks like the water is
comming from the freezer side. The food in both the refrigerator and
the freezer are still cold, but there is a small puddle of water on the
kitchen floor every other day. What is causing this and can we repair
it ourselves?

Thanks

Paula

Posted to alt.home.repair

Check the drain line to the evaporator pan. Mine used to clog up with
lint regularly. Use a piece of electrical hookup wire (stranded), as
the size of the tube is pretty small.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Remove the front grill and see if the connectors for the water in the door
are leaking. They are visible on my model with the grill removed.

"padug" wrote in message
oups.com...
Our Kenmore side by side with ice/water in the freezer door is leaking
water onto the floor from underneath. It looks like the water is
comming from the freezer side. The food in both the refrigerator and
the freezer are still cold, but there is a small puddle of water on the
kitchen floor every other day. What is causing this and can we repair
it ourselves?

Thanks

Paula

Posted to alt.home.repair

padug wrote:
Our Kenmore side by side with ice/water in the freezer door is leaking
water onto the floor from underneath. It looks like the water is
comming from the freezer side. The food in both the refrigerator and
the freezer are still cold, but there is a small puddle of water on the
kitchen floor every other day. What is causing this and can we repair
it ourselves?

Thanks

Paula

I had a tiny tiny leak in the plastic hose going from the shut off
valve in the wall of the house to the connector on the fridge. That's
a relatively weak link. Easy enough to roll out the fridge and run
your hand along the hose to see if it's wet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

padug wrote:
Our Kenmore side by side with ice/water in the freezer door is leaking
water onto the floor from underneath. It looks like the water is
comming from the freezer side. The food in both the refrigerator and
the freezer are still cold, but there is a small puddle of water on the
kitchen floor every other day. What is causing this and can we repair
it ourselves?

Thanks

Paula

I had a tiny tiny leak in the plastic hose going from the shut off
valve in the wall of the house to the connector on the fridge. That's
a relatively weak link. Easy enough to roll out the fridge and run
your hand along the hose to see if it's wet.

leaky deck [email protected] Home Repair 10 October 23rd 06 09:00 PM
Leaky roof? balboni Home Repair 2 March 14th 06 10:07 PM
Leaky drain Jim85CJ Home Repair 4 July 4th 05 09:26 PM
leaky toilet The Dave© Home Repair 16 April 16th 05 04:32 PM
Leaky tap John Smith UK diy 14 September 1st 04 09:58 PM