Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Honda HRX mower wheels sticking when pulled backwards

I just purchased a Honda HRX-HXA a few months ago. It works great, even
mulching on tough weeds. It keeps cutting where my previous HRC-215 would
bog down.

However I ran into a small problem. When I pull it in reverse the wheels
are supposed to spin freely. Lately the wheels have been sticking while in
reverse. So it's real difficult to maneuver. It is intermittent.
Sometimes if I make it drive forward, the wheels will un-stick next time I
pull it backwards.

Is there something wrong with the transmission? I am hoping I don't have to
take it in for warranty because I would probably have to leave it at the
shop for a while.

Honda Easty Start Lawn mower problem Tankery Home Repair 2 April 18th 06 05:50 AM
Help with Honda Riding Mower Harry Home Repair 3 October 1st 05 01:29 PM
Honda Harmony 1011 Mower - need starter Harry Home Repair 0 June 22nd 05 12:09 AM
Honda V/S Toro Mower twfsa Home Repair 4 March 21st 05 12:33 AM
Ladder standoff, wheels or no wheels? Josey UK diy 10 September 2nd 04 11:05 AM