Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing a 4'x4' section of hardwood flooring

I plan to remove a 4'x4' section of 1.75" x .75" inch hardwood flooring
from a corner of a bedroom in order to make a bathroom larger. I was
planning on just using my circular saw set at .75 inch depth and
replacing the blade when I hit a nail.

I've never hit a nail with a circular saw before, and I'm not sure if
this will ruin my $30 walmart saw. Is there a better tool to do this
job with? I don't want to cut the subfloor or I'd just use a sawzall.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you have a good hardened tip blade it will saw a few nails before it
is trashed. I won't like it, but it will do it. I can't see any
permanent damage to the saw, just noise, maybe smoke from the blade,
but usually it is over before you realize it. I would definitely use a
guide, even just a 2 x 4 trim screwed down or someone standing on it.
I'm not steady enough to make a long straight cut freehand.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You guys are Great! thanks.
Also, a good tip about nailing down a temporary guide of a 2x4.

Thanks again gents.

Hardwood Flooring [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 28th 06 03:45 PM
Hardwood flooring [email protected] Home Ownership 2 October 28th 06 03:33 PM
hardwood flooring frogs Home Repair 3 October 9th 06 11:30 AM
Hardwood Flooring andy anderson Woodworking 1 October 31st 05 07:38 PM
Hardwood Flooring Nick Woodworking 11 March 7th 05 02:30 AM