Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default roof nails sticking up

I have budgeted myself to have a new roof installed within two years.
There is an small area of water damage in my bedroom that looked like
was attempted to be repaired by the previous owner, and had new water
damage once in two years.. I have noticed that there are nails starting
to stick up under the shingles, and have even started to pop out above
the shingles in a few places. I am having my garage roof replaced next
week. I had several roofers out for estimates, and had them look at the
house's roof with these problems. They said that the house's roof does
not necessarily have to be replaced right away..

Should I tap back the nails and caulk them until I get the roof
replaced? Is that even necessary to do, and I can just ride out until
later on when I get the new roof put on?