Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cleaning dog pee from carpet

what's the best way to clean dog pee from plush carpet? i'm currently
using orange scented pinesol.

Posted to alt.home.repair

After years of experience with all kinds of carpet and multiple dogs,
the best combination I've come up with is white vinegar and water to
remove the odor, then Spot Shot to remove the stain.

There are enzyme cleaners, such as Nature's Miracle, that some people
say help with the odor. My experience is that unless you can soak the
area and keep it wet for several days, the enzyme cleaners don't do
much. Depending on the size of the spot, you might be able to get it
wet, put plastic wrap over it, and then weight it down with a book or
something. I found white vinegar seems to work just as well, and
faster. Also, enzyme cleaners sometimes cause yellowing.

Spot Shot comes in a blue can with an orange lid, in the carpet
cleaning products section of the store. You can actually see the stain
fade as you spray it on.

Jo Ann (and two Welsh Corgis)

wrote:
what's the best way to clean dog pee from plush carpet? i'm currently
using orange scented pinesol.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well put!

Jo Ann

wrote:
There's only one thing worse than dog damage and that's not having a

dog

Posted to alt.home.repair
GWB GWB is offline

On 15 Nov 2006 12:26:18 -0800, wrote:

what's the best way to clean dog pee from plush carpet? i'm currently
using orange scented pinesol.

Go to one of the pet sites, like futurepet.com.
They sell products specifically for that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have a male cat that sprays. We've tried everything with him,
including putting him on Prozac without much success. I don't know how
similar dog urine is to cat urine, but we use Natures Miracle to clean
up the cat spray, and it works very well. One thing that really helps
is I bought a black light at a novelty store in the mall, and use the
black light to illuminate the urine (it will glow bright green under
the black light.) Then as I spray the Nature's Miracle on it, I can
literally see the bright green glowing areas start to retreat and
eventually dissapear.

I know a previous poster said that Natures Miracle didn't work well for
them, and it could be the difference between dog and cat urine. But I
find it does work extremely well for us. The biggest problem is that
you have to use A LOT of it, and the stuff is very expensive.

Good luck!

Bob

wrote:
what's the best way to clean dog pee from plush carpet? i'm currently
using orange scented pinesol.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob the Brewer" wrote in
ps.com:

wrote:
what's the best way to clean dog pee from plush carpet? i'm currently
using orange scented pinesol.

Is the male cat neutered? If not, you are fighting nature and the cat's
instinct.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Why does dog pee gotta stink so bad? Seriously, I've never smelt any
urine as bad as that of our canine friends.

Not too mention, it's so dark yellow-orange.

I'm sticking with fish... and least they take care of their own wastes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Al Bundy wrote:

Is the male cat neutered? If not, you are fighting nature and the cat's
instinct.

Yeah, he is neutered. He was neutered at a young age, when we bought
him from the pet store. He's just always acted very "male" despite his
neutering. We've even tried putting him on female hormones (as in
birth control pills.) We've never been able to break the spraying
problem. When he passes, I have vowed never to get anther male cat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 16 Nov 2006 05:50:53 -0800, "
wrote:

Why does dog pee gotta stink so bad? Seriously, I've never smelt any
urine as bad as that of our canine friends.

Not too mention, it's so dark yellow-orange.

If it's orange you dog has liver problems.

I'm sticking with fish... and least they take care of their own wastes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Before you cook your cat, you should look into the following two links
for the Carpet & Rug Institute. They are the "think tank" behind the
floor covering world and can help you with tried and true methods to
keep your carpet clean and to remove pet stains. The first is to their
home page, the second to their page on pet stains. Good Luck

Reagan Echols
The Floor Source

http://www.carpet-rug.com/

http://www.carpet-rug.org/drill_down_2.cfm?page=5&sub=3