Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob the Brewer Bob the Brewer is offline

Default cleaning dog pee from carpet

I have a male cat that sprays. We've tried everything with him,
including putting him on Prozac without much success. I don't know how
similar dog urine is to cat urine, but we use Natures Miracle to clean
up the cat spray, and it works very well. One thing that really helps
is I bought a black light at a novelty store in the mall, and use the
black light to illuminate the urine (it will glow bright green under
the black light.) Then as I spray the Nature's Miracle on it, I can
literally see the bright green glowing areas start to retreat and
eventually dissapear.

I know a previous poster said that Natures Miracle didn't work well for
them, and it could be the difference between dog and cat urine. But I
find it does work extremely well for us. The biggest problem is that
you have to use A LOT of it, and the stuff is very expensive.

Good luck!

Bob

wrote:
what's the best way to clean dog pee from plush carpet? i'm currently
using orange scented pinesol.