Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kinetico Sulfur Water Treatment System Failure

I recently had a Kinetico Sulfur Water Treatment System installed. It
worked perfectly overnight the smell disappeared completely. After
about 20 days we started noticing slight whiffs of sulfur on occasion,
we called the company that installed it and they had us do a "manual
regeneration" since the system had not done one yet, after that
completed we are once again plagued with the stench of sulfur
continuously. The company that installed it is telling us the problem
is with our hot water heater which makes no sense to us, if that was
the problem the system should have never worked. Has anyone had this
happen to them and if so was a solution found? The company we are
dealing with says they have never had this type of system fail so that
isn't a possibility with them.
Thanks!

Junior Member

Let me ask you a question: Do you have any other equipment besides the sulfur system, and when was it installed? hat was you sulfur test results in parts per million?

The Kinetico sulfur system is very reliable and works if set up properly. Odors CAN originate in different from different sources. Do you have a softener...what kind? Is your heater electric or gas?

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooksett
I recently had a Kinetico Sulfur Water Treatment System installed. It
worked perfectly overnight the smell disappeared completely. After
about 20 days we started noticing slight whiffs of sulfur on occasion,
we called the company that installed it and they had us do a "manual
regeneration" since the system had not done one yet, after that
completed we are once again plagued with the stench of sulfur
continuously. The company that installed it is telling us the problem
is with our hot water heater which makes no sense to us, if that was
the problem the system should have never worked. Has anyone had this
happen to them and if so was a solution found? The company we are
dealing with says they have never had this type of system fail so that
isn't a possibility with them.
Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hooksett" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently had a Kinetico Sulfur Water Treatment System installed. It
worked perfectly overnight the smell disappeared completely. After about 20
days we started noticing slight whiffs of sulfur on occasion, we called
the company that installed it and they had us do a "manual
regeneration" since the system had not done one yet, after that completed
we are once again plagued with the stench of sulfur continuously. The
company that installed it is telling us the problem is with our hot water
heater which makes no sense to us, if that was the problem the system
should have never worked. Has anyone had this
happen to them and if so was a solution found? The company we are dealing
with says they have never had this type of system fail so that isn't a
possibility with them.
Thanks!

The company could be right *if* the sulfur smell is *only* coming from the
hot water spigots. There are bacteria which can set up housekeeping and
proliferate in you water heater. I had it happed to me - I had to drain the
tank and and add bleach to the system to shock it and kill the bacteria.
That was nearly a year ago and it hasn't reoccured. Just a thought - YRMV

How to protect your skin & hair to water infection nitin Home Repair 1 March 26th 06 08:46 PM
water cooler, water coolers, water dispenser, water dispensers,bottleless water cooler,bottleless water coolers,bottleless water dispenser,bottleless water dispensers water coolers UK diy 3 January 5th 06 08:23 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM