Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Caulk removal

I have to remove a sunroom built onto my house. My only problem is how
can I remove latex or silicon caulking off the exterior brick so that
it leaves non or very little trace?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12 Nov 2006 09:38:55 -0800, "klaas"
wrote:

I have to remove a sunroom built onto my house. My only problem is how
can I remove latex or silicon caulking off the exterior brick so that
it leaves non or very little trace?

They sell caulk softener at HD.

IMHO: Reality check. Brick is very porous, meaning some caulk will
remain. So if it was caulked once, you might want to cauk again.

later,

tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

whisky is a good caulk softener...hahahaha !

Posted to alt.home.repair
k k is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
whisky is a good caulk softener...hahahaha !

Funny, I get the opposite reaction. Whiskey seems to add rigidity to my
caulk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, I've got old caulk...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"klaas" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have to remove a sunroom built onto my house. My only problem is how
can I remove latex or silicon caulking off the exterior brick so that
it leaves non or very little trace?

Propane torch?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12 Nov 2006 13:03:46 -0800, wrote:

whisky is a good caulk softener...hahahaha !

It would remove all my ambition to do home repair. So yes!

tom @
www.WorkAtHomePlans.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Any doctor can perform this task. It's called CASTRATION !!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Any doctor can perform this task. It's called CASTRATION !!!!

You don't seem to understand what the term castration means

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eigenvector posted for all of us...

You don't seem to understand what the term castration means

You don't seem to know what the term research means.
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.