Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Got up on the roof

After all that to do over getting on the roof, I finally did manage it.
Felt like I had just scaled the damned Andes but at least I didn't fall off
or grab the electrical feed lines.

It was pretty easy in retrospect, I got an 8 foot step ladder, positioned it
so that I was climbing away from the roof, then when I got to the right
height I simply sat down on the roof and scooted my big ass up to a safe
turnaround spot and walked the rest.

I have terminal wet ass now, but at least the gutters are clean(er).

Posted to alt.home.repair
GWB GWB is offline

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 08:49:50 -0800, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

After all that to do over getting on the roof, I finally did manage it.
Felt like I had just scaled the damned Andes but at least I didn't fall off
or grab the electrical feed lines.

It was pretty easy in retrospect, I got an 8 foot step ladder, positioned it
so that I was climbing away from the roof, then when I got to the right
height I simply sat down on the roof and scooted my big ass up to a safe
turnaround spot and walked the rest.

I have terminal wet ass now, but at least the gutters are clean(er).

8 foot stepladder?!?
Great Googly Moogly!
All this trepidation and we're talkin about a one story house?!?
I had visions of 30' extension ladders.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Eigenvector" wrote:

I have terminal wet ass now

I'm sure there's a support group, 501c foundation and countless government
programs to help with THAT.

at least the gutters are clean(er).

I'm glad you made it down the EASY way! Congrats...
--

JR