Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Insulating below a floor

I've mentioned in other posts about our 135 yr old house we're working on.
At this point I'm rebuilding the floor on the lower level. This house
basically sits on the ground. My new joists will be about 4" off the dirt.
I've been through the "to vent or not to vent" threads about crawl spaces.
I've decided not to ventilate. It's been closed for 135 years, it can keep
being closed. My question is, IS there any reason why I shouldn't fill this
space will insulation? Whether it be fiberglass or blown cellulose? In a
few days I'll have all new joists and proper center support and will
probably insulate unless there's some reason I shouldn't.

thanks!

--
Steve Barker

under floor heating leak ChrisJ UK diy 22 July 4th 13 11:14 PM
Damp ? Concrete Floor Dabbler UK diy 9 October 24th 06 12:48 PM
Insulating concrete basement floor [email protected] Home Repair 1 June 26th 06 08:08 AM
Install hardwood floor on convex surface MM Woodworking 2 August 10th 04 09:32 PM
bathroom floor and toilet flange L Beck Home Repair 4 January 13th 04 02:48 PM