Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default Insulating below a floor

I've mentioned in other posts about our 135 yr old house we're working on.
At this point I'm rebuilding the floor on the lower level. This house
basically sits on the ground. My new joists will be about 4" off the dirt.
I've been through the "to vent or not to vent" threads about crawl spaces.
I've decided not to ventilate. It's been closed for 135 years, it can keep
being closed. My question is, IS there any reason why I shouldn't fill this
space will insulation? Whether it be fiberglass or blown cellulose? In a
few days I'll have all new joists and proper center support and will
probably insulate unless there's some reason I shouldn't.

thanks!

--
Steve Barker