Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace: electric ingition sparks but won't light gas.

My furnace's electric ignition sparks continuously but won't light the
gas... unless I blow on it! Then, as soon as I blow on it, the gas
lights and the furnace works fine. However, this never lasts long.
Once the gas turns off, it's the same problem all over again. The
ignition sparks but won't light. It will ignite if I blow on it (was
just an accident that I blew on it but it worked.)

Thoughts, anyone? My landlord can't figure it out either.

Thanks,
*m

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sneaky Mandy wrote:
My furnace's electric ignition sparks continuously but won't light the
gas... unless I blow on it! Then, as soon as I blow on it, the gas
lights and the furnace works fine. However, this never lasts long.
Once the gas turns off, it's the same problem all over again. The
ignition sparks but won't light. It will ignite if I blow on it (was
just an accident that I blew on it but it worked.)

Thoughts, anyone? My landlord can't figure it out either.

Thanks,
*m

Hi,
Once gas is lit, is the flame good? I mean normal.
You may have improper gas flow of the ginitor is positioned wrong.
Posted to alt.home.repair

yes, once it's lit, it's fine... i have my upstairs neighbor's furnace
next to it with which to compare, runs just great. only problem comes
when it hits the set temperature and winds down. when the temp falls
in the house and the thermometer tells it to kick in, if i'm not there
to blow on it (which clearly i'm not), the ignition will fire
indefinitely and the gas won't light.

Tony Hwang wrote:
Sneaky Mandy wrote:
My furnace's electric ignition sparks continuously but won't light the
gas... unless I blow on it! Then, as soon as I blow on it, the gas
lights and the furnace works fine. However, this never lasts long.
Once the gas turns off, it's the same problem all over again. The
ignition sparks but won't light. It will ignite if I blow on it (was
just an accident that I blew on it but it worked.)

Thoughts, anyone? My landlord can't figure it out either.

Thanks,
*m

Hi,
Once gas is lit, is the flame good? I mean normal.
You may have improper gas flow of the ginitor is positioned wrong.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:

Sneaky Mandy wrote:

My furnace's electric ignition sparks continuously but won't light the
gas... unless I blow on it! Then, as soon as I blow on it, the gas
lights and the furnace works fine. However, this never lasts long.
Once the gas turns off, it's the same problem all over again. The
ignition sparks but won't light. It will ignite if I blow on it (was
just an accident that I blew on it but it worked.)

Thoughts, anyone? My landlord can't figure it out either.

Thanks,
*m

Hi,
Once gas is lit, is the flame good? I mean normal.
You may have improper gas flow of the ginitor is positioned wrong.

Hi,
Try to adjust the position of ignitor so it can be closer to the gas
stream. You are blowing to direct the gas to the spark I think.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sneaky Mandy posted for all of us...

My furnace's electric ignition sparks continuously but won't light the
gas... unless I blow on it! Then, as soon as I blow on it, the gas
lights and the furnace works fine. However, this never lasts long.
Once the gas turns off, it's the same problem all over again. The
ignition sparks but won't light. It will ignite if I blow on it (was
just an accident that I blew on it but it worked.)

Thoughts, anyone? My landlord can't figure it out either.

Thanks,
*m

Did a lot of research there mr farty eh
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.