Posted to alt.home.repair
Sneaky Mandy Sneaky Mandy is offline

Default Furnace: electric ingition sparks but won't light gas.

yes, once it's lit, it's fine... i have my upstairs neighbor's furnace
next to it with which to compare, runs just great. only problem comes
when it hits the set temperature and winds down. when the temp falls
in the house and the thermometer tells it to kick in, if i'm not there
to blow on it (which clearly i'm not), the ignition will fire
indefinitely and the gas won't light.

Tony Hwang wrote:
Sneaky Mandy wrote:
My furnace's electric ignition sparks continuously but won't light the
gas... unless I blow on it! Then, as soon as I blow on it, the gas
lights and the furnace works fine. However, this never lasts long.
Once the gas turns off, it's the same problem all over again. The
ignition sparks but won't light. It will ignite if I blow on it (was
just an accident that I blew on it but it worked.)

Thoughts, anyone? My landlord can't figure it out either.

Thanks,
*m

Hi,
Once gas is lit, is the flame good? I mean normal.
You may have improper gas flow of the ginitor is positioned wrong.