Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I safely paint this chimney?

It's made up of cement blocks and used by one wood stove only. It's already
painted yellow by the previous owners but was wondering if I could paint it
something else.

thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hank wrote:
It's made up of cement blocks and used by one wood stove only. It's already
painted yellow by the previous owners but was wondering if I could paint it
something else.

Why not??

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hank wrote:
It's made up of cement blocks and used by one wood stove only. It's
already painted yellow by the previous owners but was wondering if I
could paint it something else.

thanks

Well I would guess it would be safe assuming you don't fall off a latter
or something. If it was properly constructed in the first place it should
be fine.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Lawrence" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hank wrote:
It's made up of cement blocks and used by one wood stove only. It's
already
painted yellow by the previous owners but was wondering if I could paint
it
something else.

Why not??

I was thinking it might be a fire hazard but I supposed the outside doesn't
get hot enought to ignite

Posted to alt.home.repair

Professor spake thus:

"Lawrence" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hank wrote:

It's made up of cement blocks and used by one wood stove only.
It's already painted yellow by the previous owners but was
wondering if I could paint it something else.

Why not??

I was thinking it might be a fire hazard but I supposed the outside doesn't
get hot enought to ignite

Believe us, if the outside of your chimbley gets hot enough to ignite
paint, then deciding whether to paint it or not is the least of your
problems.

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hank" wrote in message news:Wo13h.1561$MO6.38@trndny06...
It's already painted yellow by the previous owners but was wondering if I
could paint it something else.

No, it will still be a chimney.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The law is all block chimneys must be painted yellow. Ok just use
exterior latex....