Posted to alt.home.repair

Default double wall switch - working separately, but not with eachother?!

Hi Readers,
I need help with an existing double wall switch. These two switches
(on opposite sides of the room) used to control an electric outlet (for
a table lamp). I rewired it to control the new ceiling-mounted light
fixture I installed. I did something wrong: each switch will turn the
light on and off, but I cannot use one switch to turn on the light, and
the other to turn it off. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Any advice appreciated.
Thank you.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

You should have run your two wires from the switched outlet to the ceiling
box. If you came off of one of the switches, you probably have to
reconfigure the wiring for the three ways

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi Readers,
I need help with an existing double wall switch. These two switches
(on opposite sides of the room) used to control an electric outlet (for
a table lamp). I rewired it to control the new ceiling-mounted light
fixture I installed. I did something wrong: each switch will turn the
light on and off, but I cannot use one switch to turn on the light, and
the other to turn it off. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Any advice appreciated.
Thank you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.lightingfacts.com/Three%20way%20switches.htm