Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cinder block cover

One end of my house is on a slab foundation. The other end is raised about
four feet and has a crawl space.

On the end that's raised, cinder blocks were used on top of a concrete
foundation. The builder used some kind of finish on the exterior of the
cinder blocks which are above grade to make them appear smooth and
to hide all the joints of the cinder blocks.

What type of "mud" or "mix" (for lack of better terms) is commonly
used to achieve a smoother texture to the blocks which are then
(in my case) painted the same color of the house? Thanks for your help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kevin" wrote in message
One end of my house is on a slab foundation. The other end is raised about
four feet and has a crawl space.

On the end that's raised, cinder blocks were used on top of a concrete
foundation. The builder used some kind of finish on the exterior of the
cinder blocks which are above grade to make them appear smooth and
to hide all the joints of the cinder blocks.

What type of "mud" or "mix" (for lack of better terms) is commonly
used to achieve a smoother texture to the blocks which are then
(in my case) painted the same color of the house? Thanks for your help.

http://www.cement.org/stucco/

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Charles Schuler
says...

"Kevin" wrote in message
. ..
One end of my house is on a slab foundation. The other end is raised about
four feet and has a crawl space.

On the end that's raised, cinder blocks were used on top of a concrete
foundation. The builder used some kind of finish on the exterior of the
cinder blocks which are above grade to make them appear smooth and
to hide all the joints of the cinder blocks.

What type of "mud" or "mix" (for lack of better terms) is commonly
used to achieve a smoother texture to the blocks which are then
(in my case) painted the same color of the house? Thanks for your help.

http://www.cement.org/stucco/

What's the difference between stucco and parging?

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kevin wrote:
One end of my house is on a slab foundation. The other end is raised about
four feet and has a crawl space.

On the end that's raised, cinder blocks were used on top of a concrete
foundation. The builder used some kind of finish on the exterior of the
cinder blocks which are above grade to make them appear smooth and
to hide all the joints of the cinder blocks.

What type of "mud" or "mix" (for lack of better terms) is commonly
used to achieve a smoother texture to the blocks which are then
(in my case) painted the same color of the house? Thanks for your help.

Sheran Williams Paint Co at one time put out a paint compound called
block filler that did the trick You applied it with a trowel like
stucco.