Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Hot Water Heater

How much should it cost for a new electric hot water heater to be installed
?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Postal68 wrote:
How much should it cost for a new electric hot water heater to be installed
?

That's like asking someone how much does a book cost?

Learn how to better define the parameters of your questions fella...

Are you asking, "installation only" or "purchase and installation"?

In a home or on the 24th floor of a downtown condo building?

Where is it located, in Manhattan or in McCook, Nebraska?

Is it replacing an existing heater, and if so is it the same size?

Try again please...

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Call Home Depot and ask.

Postal68 wrote:
How much should it cost for a new electric hot water heater to be installed
?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sorry,
a single home, easy access in Laundry Room.
electric tank, 40 gallon, replacement.

Should I purchase and pick it up myself?
Or should I let the installer?

I was looking to see what installation should cost by itself so I don't get
raked over the coals.

South Jersey, just outside of Philadelphia

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
et...
Postal68 wrote:
How much should it cost for a new electric hot water heater to be
installed ?

That's like asking someone how much does a book cost?

Learn how to better define the parameters of your questions fella...

Are you asking, "installation only" or "purchase and installation"?

In a home or on the 24th floor of a downtown condo building?

Where is it located, in Manhattan or in McCook, Nebraska?

Is it replacing an existing heater, and if so is it the same size?

Try again please...

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Postal68 wrote:
How much should it cost for a new electric hot water heater to be
installed ?

That's like asking someone how much does a book cost?

Learn how to better define the parameters of your questions fella...

Are you asking, "installation only" or "purchase and installation"?

In a home or on the 24th floor of a downtown condo building?

Where is it located, in Manhattan or in McCook, Nebraska?

Is it replacing an existing heater, and if so is it the same size?

Try again please...

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."

Just replaced an 80 gal. with a 40 gal. Tank and installation along
with removal.....$600.00.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Postal68 wrote:
How much should it cost for a new electric hot water heater to be installed
?

That's like asking someone how much does a book cost?

Learn how to better define the parameters of your questions fella...

Are you asking, "installation only" or "purchase and installation"?

In a home or on the 24th floor of a downtown condo building?

Where is it located, in Manhattan or in McCook, Nebraska?

Is it replacing an existing heater, and if so is it the same size?

Try again please...

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."

It appears that you live by what your signature states....You, sir, are
rude!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Their $250 installation quickly turns into $400!!! Cost me $700 or soo
for a 40 gal gas heater.

Stubby wrote:
Call Home Depot and ask.

Postal68 wrote:
How much should it cost for a new electric hot water heater to be installed
?

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you can pick it up yourself you might as well replace it too. Pick
up an appliance dolly and appropriate wrenches while you are at it.
Just remember to turn off the electrical breaker and water, drain the
hot water and double check the electric is off once you get the panel
off the old heater.

Postal68 wrote:
Sorry,
a single home, easy access in Laundry Room.
electric tank, 40 gallon, replacement.

Should I purchase and pick it up myself?
Or should I let the installer?

I was looking to see what installation should cost by itself so I don't get
raked over the coals.

South Jersey, just outside of Philadelphia

man's imitation of strength."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just replaced an 80 gal. with a 40 gal. Tank and installation along
with removal.....$600.00.

why go smaller the marginal cost of larger isnt much and lots of hot
water have wonderful advantages

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Postal68" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry,
a single home, easy access in Laundry Room.
electric tank, 40 gallon, replacement.

Should I purchase and pick it up myself?
Or should I let the installer?

I was looking to see what installation should cost by itself so I don't
get raked over the coals.

In all seriousness, the hardest part of installing an electric heater is
hauling the old one out and the new one in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Their $250 installation quickly turns into $400!!! Cost me $700 or soo
for a 40 gal gas heater.

Exactly why I posted here first.

Posted to alt.home.repair

They didn't say what the fuel was but a 40 gal NG fueled heater is
plenty for an average family.

electric has less than 1/2 the recovery of natural gas.

Posted to alt.home.repair