Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Protect driveway from tree roots

I have one large pine that is 8 ft from the driveway. It is cracking
the driveway. I have another pine that is closer, but not as large.
It has not caused any damage. I will be having both removed.

I have another hardwood tree that is about 8 ft from the driveway. It
is much smaller in diameter than the pine but I worry that this could
be a problem soon. Anyone know what is a good rule of thumb for this
kind of stuff?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry wrote:
I have one large pine that is 8 ft from the driveway. It is cracking
the driveway. I have another pine that is closer, but not as large.
It has not caused any damage. I will be having both removed.

I have another hardwood tree that is about 8 ft from the driveway. It
is much smaller in diameter than the pine but I worry that this could
be a problem soon. Anyone know what is a good rule of thumb for this
kind of stuff?

It depends on the type of tree. I suggest that checking with your local
county extension service (check your local phone book under government
agencies) they can likely help you out with great advice based on local
conditions.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

before you remove anything realize a home with mature trees are often
worth thousands more than the same home without trees.

so the driveway is cracking what makes you think it the trees?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I would rather have nice trees and a cracked drive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry wrote:
I have one large pine that is 8 ft from the driveway. It is cracking
the driveway. I have another pine that is closer, but not as large.
It has not caused any damage. I will be having both removed.

I have another hardwood tree that is about 8 ft from the driveway. It
is much smaller in diameter than the pine but I worry that this could
be a problem soon. Anyone know what is a good rule of thumb for this
kind of stuff?

Since you're going to have to fix the drive, why not apply a fix that
accommodates tree roots?

Or take out the one offending root.

Either has to be cheaper and more effective than taking out the tree.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Or take out the one offending root.

Either has to be cheaper and more effective than taking out the tree.

dig narrow ditch around slabs cutting tree roots

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry" wrote in message
I have one large pine that is 8 ft from the driveway. It is cracking
the driveway. I have another pine that is closer, but not as large.
It has not caused any damage. I will be having both removed.

I have another hardwood tree that is about 8 ft from the driveway. It
is much smaller in diameter than the pine but I worry that this could
be a problem soon. Anyone know what is a good rule of thumb for this
kind of stuff?

no rule of thumb, too many variables at paly

the only way to stop tree root growth i have seen which is safe around
concrete is
http://www.biobarrier.com/

sounds like you haven't yet had a professional visually assess the situation
and you could potentially keep all 3 trees

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 16, 5:15 pm, "nowforsale" wrote:
"Terry" wrote in messagenews:ddo5j2d7dhgbjpapjd0e1mts2s034b31kc@4ax .com...

I have one large pine that is 8 ft from the driveway. It is cracking
the driveway. I have another pine that is closer, but not as large.
It has not caused any damage. I will be having both removed.

I have another hardwood tree that is about 8 ft from the driveway. It
is much smaller in diameter than the pine but I worry that this could
be a problem soon. Anyone know what is a good rule of thumb for this
kind of stuff?no rule of thumb, too many variables at paly

the only way to stop tree root growth i have seen which is safe around
concrete ishttp://www.biobarrier.com/

sounds like you haven't yet had a professional visually assess the situation
and you could potentially keep all 3 trees

The two trees that I am having taken down today are pines. Being pine
is enough reason to want them gone.

The 3rd tree I would like to save because it is a hardwood. I have
done some web surfing as well. I don't think it will be a danger to my
driveway.

I went to the web page you suggested. I couldn't find a price for the
product. I usually pass on web products that have hidden prices.