Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default power outlet

I have two-prong outlet(old outlet) and like to change to grounding
three-prong outlet. Since I have a lot of
appliance that require three-prong outlet. I know I can use connector
to covert to three-prong. I would
rather change the power outlet.
I got a three-prong grounding outlet from Home Depot. Some people say
that I can just wire the third wire to the metal box and
the grounding outlet, but some people consider I should not do that it
is not safe.

Should I just wire the third wire, connect between metal box and the
three-prong grounding outlet?

Thanks